Sunday, September 28, 2014

Salsa....and No Not Dancing

 
Between my dad's and our garden
we have had a bumper crop of
tomatoes and chilies,.
 
Aren't they pretty?
 
 
There is nothing like a homegrown tomato.
The last two weekends
I have been canning like a
"Crazy" woman.
I even have a blister
to show for all my great dicing skills.
 
 
 
And what do I have to show for it?
 
Between both weekends,
Around 45 pints of homemade salsa.
 
 
We like our salsa a little
warm, so I just leave the seeds in
the chilies.  We might have enough
to make a few more.
My hubby can eat a jar of
homemade salsa a week.
 
Have you been taking advantage of
the end of summer/fall harvests?
 
 

On a sewing note,
If you missed the first
few days of the Rush Hour hop,
here is the whole schedule.
 

 
Tuesday, September 23

Wednesday, September 24

Thursday, September 25

Friday, September 26
Coeur d’Alene (moved to 29th)

Monday, September 29
Coeur d'Alene (moved from the 26th)

Tuesday, September 30
 
Some other great places to stop in
 
Madame Samm was a guest on
the Studio E blog...Here.

 AND

 Studio E is having a giveaway Here...
some beautiful fat quarters.
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I would love the recipe for your salsa, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures, beautiful salsa and I love your melamine bowl !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous Amy....I love fresh tomatoes. We left your beautiful state this morning and are headed back home to another beautiful state. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of salsa but if one whole jar disappears every week then you'll probably have enough to last until next season. Congrats to you on a big job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy. And I agree, a recipe would be super wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade salsa...nothing better than that! Beautiful tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our canning season is mainly in July/August. By Sept. the tomatoes are pretty much gone unless you've planted a late growing tomato. Your salsa looks delicious.
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete