Monday, January 7, 2013

A Flurry of Activity - Crochet and Quilting

We are already a week into the New Year and there is a flurry of activity going on.  Busy, Busy, Busy!!  I managed to finish up a couple projects that I had been working on since before Christmas.  The first was another Bavarian crocheted afghan.  Which, I just recently found is also called  a Wool-eater pattern. (OK, I officially love this pattern)  I used the yarn that I had left over from the other afghans I had given as Christmas presents.  It is my own rainbow that I just might have to keep. 




It is a monster of an afghan.  It measures at 52 inches square.  Great to cuddle up with on those cold winter evenings.  I absolutely adore it, but since I still have some leftover yarn.....


 
I started another one.  It will either be my sister's or one of my kiddos.  I hope I have enough leftovers to finish this one.  I might not make it quite as big.  (But you never know)




I also finished up my 
 
 project. I was having some difficulty figuring exactly what to do. I had a month to finish it but didn't really have a clue what to do until last Sunday.  So here is a bit of a teaser....
 
The Hop has already began so follow along and check out all the great projects! Hope to see you tomorrow evening!!

The lovely places I link to.....
 
 

A Stitch In Time Linky Party
Pin It Now!

22 comments:

  1. You always do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous work, Amy!Love the colors!
    Have a great Year!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great afghan! And what a perfect way to use up the extra yarn, I am always at a loss what to do with those little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! You can send one to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece of art! You are talented and I love the colors you have chosen.
    I found your site from Hookin on Hump Day!
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful afghan and the colors are so fun! Can't wait to see more of your quilt with words!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking blanket you have there. This is one stitch I haven't tried yet, although it is on my to-do list. I've also heard it called "Hungarian Crochet" so it seems to go by a few different names.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wish i could do that stitch.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I have never managed to get my head round crochet unfortunately! What a great way to use up leftover yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a simply gorgeous blanket! I have seen this pattern, but haven't had the courage to make one up. Yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty stitch pattern. No wonder you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is wonderful. When I was 8 or 9 my great grandma made me a baby blanket that was crochet. I thought she was crazy at the time as I was not a baby it was a pure white quilt. I now think it is the most valuable item I own. It has been wrapped around each of my baby's when I brought them home from the hospital and too their baby blessings. Only one of my kids was held by her but all were blessed by her quilt around them. Any way thanks for linking up love the quilt.

    Richard and Tanya Quilts
    Track My Shows

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do I find the pattern for this gorgeous afghan? Please email me at: northernana1962@gmail.com ... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful and I do love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the stitching pattern on Bavarian crochet is just gorgeous! So much texture and you chose beautiful colors. Great job, Amy! Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous afghan! I've just started to learn to crochet - and I hope one day I can make something that pretty!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy!
    I love it! The colors look fabulous!
    I have nominated you for the liebster award. Please hop on to http://weaverbirdie.blogspot.in/2013/01/liebster-award.html
    Love
    Shikha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your inspirational craft with our Crafty Showcase last week! You rock!

    We can't wait for you to stop in and share more of your ideas with us. The Crafty Showcase is open from Friday midnight until Thursday noon! http://bowdabrablog.com

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow..that is a gorgeous Afghan.. visiting you from find a friend friday.

    ReplyDelete